Blades of Avernum ain't loading

Acky

I'm not sure what happened. I was loading a new scenario into the Scenario folder, then tried to open Blades of Avernum, next thing I know the screen, when it should be going black, goes ghost white and a little message comes up saying that Data Execution Prevention has closed it. Does anyone know whats going on?

The Last Archon

Tried it about a dozen separate times. I restarted my computer, it still didn't work. I turned off my computer, turned it back on, and it still wasn't working properly. Than I waited about two hours before I tried it again, and it continues to be defiant. So this is not a one-time thing.

The Last Archon

I must be doing something wrong. I've put Blades of Avernum (and the editor/and without the editor on it) on the list, clicked the second botton on the top, clicked Apply and Okay at the same and separete times. And I am still getting the white screen. I've even restarted my computer several times.

*grumble*

The Last Grumbling Archon

If you've added BoA to the list that Data Execution Prevention doesn't monitor and it still doesn't work than I don't know what to tell you.

I have Windows Vista as well and it works fine for me.

I would try reinstalling BoA in case the DEP deleted a file or blocked a file somehow before it was told to not monitor it.

Did your antivirus program pop up any warnings about BoA or try to block it somehow?

I had to (re)download The Tripple Valley, Iffy's second scenario.

Thats what I find the strangest. This scenario had already been in my Scenario folder. So how come this particular download didn't work? I got them from the same place (the download link that was posted here).

The Last Archon

Well I tried the Triple Valley scenario last night and it worked fine on my computer.

The only bug that occurs is when a dialog box pops up it minimizes right away, leaving me clicking on my screen and having no clue why the game isn't working.

I have to push the START key to get the Windows Taskbar back, which shows me that BoA has two open windows at which point I can click on the dialog box and read what it says.

But no hassles with the Data Execution Prevention, so I really don't know what the problem is with your computer Ackrovan. frown

Like I said, just try reinstalling BoA and maybe that will fix the problem.

Also, I am logged into my computer as an administrator, is that what you are doing? Or if you're not, could you?