Spiderweb Software On Facebook

Spidweb

• 2 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Dust to dust to dust to dust
Moving to Facebook? No. Present on Facebook? Yes.
(emphasis mine)

And it's a good thing too, for if it moved completely I would disappear from the community forever (much as I'd hate to do so, I hate Facebook even more).

Originally Posted By: —Alorael
, who notes that Drakey showed up here just a couple of days ago and made a few posts. Before that he'd been absent for almost a year.

I noticed that, but I figure that I don't have any authority to announce his return. I've actually seen quite a few oldbies (member numbers <1000) back on the boards recently. I guess they still follow the company enough to see new releases.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't really see the appeal of Facebook. All it is to me is a bunch of people who joined because they feel like they have to share every tiny aspect of their lives with their friends as their only means of finding acceptance in life. Or maybe I don't like it because I don't have any friends...

Anyways, I became a fan just to increase the fan count because I hadn't actually logged on since I created my account to shut up my cousins. Also, this is my first post because I had been too shy to create an account since I started forum-creeping when I was eleven years old.

Originally Posted By: WittyRuination
All it is to me is a bunch of people who joined because they feel like they have to share every tiny aspect of their lives with their friends as their only means of finding acceptance in life.

I think you may be confused. It sounds like you're talking about twitter tongue

Originally Posted By: Master1
All it is to me is a bunch of people who joined because they feel like they have to share every tiny aspect of their lives with their friends as their only means of finding acceptance in life.

I think you may be confused. It sounds like you're talking about twitter tongue
The same could also be said of myspace. wink

Reading my previous comment, I realise it sounds a lot like flaming. I had a bad day. Anyways, I guess social networking isn't my thing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that everyone whose thing it is needs to be burnt at a stake. It would be much more efficient just to torch their houses. smile Just kidding. Also, I think I did confuse Facebook and Twitter. Don't you hate it when old people and newscasters refer to it as The Facebook?

Also, I think I did confuse Facebook and Twitter. Don't you hate it when old people and newscasters refer to it as The Facebook?
That's not too bad. I once heard some guy really confuse Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. He referred to them interchangeably as "Twitspace," "Twitbook," and "Myface." Then again, one dictionary he had was so old that the only definition listed for "computer" was some kind of accountant...

Originally Posted By: The Mystic
That's not too bad. I once heard some guy really confuse Facebook, Twitter, and Myspace. He referred to them interchangeably as "Twitspace," "Twitbook," and "Myface."

are you certain he wasn't doing it on purpose as an act of whimsy because i know people who do this

All of the people I know who are like that are secretly trolling everyone around them. There are people who are behind the curve when it comes to the latest internet fads and who can't figure out new gizmos, but they're not the ones who loudly proclaim their own fear and obsolescence while using amusingly condescending name confusion with emphasis on the fusion.

—Alorael, who is fairly sure that the internet as a whole can be quite reasonably referred to as twitspace. Sure, there are some intelligent, reasonable people, but they're all points in an infinite space of twits. (Okay, that's false. It's the internet is bounded but expanding faster than you can follow, and the number of users is probably similarly expanding.)

Gossiping about stupid people is what the internet is for. Well, that and an interactive collective of billions of human beings working to build a global integrated community to spread knowledge and further understanding.

But mainly to point and laugh at stupid people.

Originally Posted By: Trenton Uchiha, rebel servile.
What? Is he mentally challenged? Because some one should be nice and help him instead of gossiping about him on the internet
No, he's just stubborn, and prefers to live in the past. And is patiently awaiting the triumphant return of 8-track tapes and Betamax VCRs.

No, he's [...] patiently awaiting the triumphant return of 8-track tapes and Betamax VCRs.

Pah. Everyone knows that laserdiscs are the wave of the future!

I mean, c'mon. It's got "laser" right in the name. How could it not be futuristic?

Originally Posted By: Dantius
(bet you young whippersnappers don't know what that [an LP is] either :p)

I weep for those of you who don't.

I'm too young for laserdiscs (though I do at least know about them, and have seen them), but I do still have a MiniDisc player around somewhere...

I am also too young to have ever used a laserdisc or LP, which is disappointing. I feel like the modernisation of media storage (and most technology, for that matter) has allowed my generation to become rather lazy when it comes to computers. There is almost no effort involved in buying a song from iTunes and listening to it, which has made it possible to know nothing about your computer or networking and still be able to be do things nowadays that would have required actual effort back when CDs were the size of records. I guess I'm kind of a hypocrite, though, because I don't honestly understand many of those processes either. Only so much can be learned from the interwebz.

Originally Posted By: Dantius
...I was joking. You would know this if you were old enough to have seen/used an actual Laserdisc, which is like a DVD the size of an LP (bet you young whippersnappers don't know what that is either :p).
I grew up in the time when they proudly announced that the TV shows, "were in living color." Although it was about 20 more years before our family upgraded from black and white sets. Now I finally get to see what Star Trek was supposed to look like. I never understood what a red shirt meant until recently. smile

I knew an elderly professor who referred to them as "MyPlace" and "FacePage," but I think he did that deliberately to annoy people. I don't know him that well, but those who do tell me he enjoys the real-life trolling.

I think I became old the day I decided this whole "derp" fad was a colossal pain in the collective and personal posterior. Actually, I'm still not entirely behind "sick" as a synonym for good/cool/hip. Though coming to this forum makes me feel young. tongue

Bonus points to Dantius for the WorldNetDaily reference. Oh, the Hal Lindsey columns.

Oh you jest! Like I have money! Ha ha ha...
*cries*
I'll be getting a job soon enough though. Then I might buy one. Of course, I would also need a means of playing it. Oh well, when in doubt, rob a bank.
Not to worry; last time I checked, turntables were still fairly cheap.

Oh you jest! Like I have money! Ha ha ha...
*cries*
I'll be getting a job soon enough though. Then I might buy one. Of course, I would also need a means of playing it. Oh well, when in doubt, rob a bank.
Not to worry; last time I checked, turntables were still fairly cheap.

That depends on your definition of cheap. Even the really cheap turntables are around $100.

Originally Posted By: The Ratt
My family still has our laserdisc player, about 10 laserdiscs, and we assume all of the above work! Who wants to watch the original Star Wars with me, where you have to flip the disc over right before the final battle?

Hell to the yes!

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...