A4 - 35% xp. bonus

I decided that I'd go for a real challenge and started a solo game with a 35% xp bonus (human, brittle bones, frail). The game consists of a lot of saving and loading, running back to town every two seconds and the like. I'm playing on easy.

Something I noticed is that, doing every possible quest (looking in the scripts for those that I miss), I'm at level 28 and I'm not done with the Eastern Gallery.

Seeing as this is the level that I ended my first run-through with I have decided to ask the stats guys on the boards if this would be worth it by the time I hit the endgame or if it would just get progressively harder with no end or letting up in sight.

From my experience with singletons in Torment mode, it isn't worth the effort. You miss out on the bonus special skills that make thing easier later on in the game. Divine touch's free magery for spellcasters and blademaster and sharpshooter for fighters is the best example. The extra levels don't provide enough skill points to even come close to balancing out. The other problem is you get progressively less experience because you are significantly higher than the monsters.

For 30% penalty (human, pure spirit, elite warrior), I got to level 25 by the end of the Eastern Gallery. For 55% penalty (nephil natural mage, divine touch), I got to level 24.

You'll probably finish the Eastern Gallery at level 30. The 30 skill points won't get you the extra levels in casting spells let alone magery, etc. It still will be fun, but it will get harder to train up in everything that you want.

You mentioned that you put your game on hold. I was wondering what level your singleton is when you finished the Eastern Gallery. After that point the difference between the various penalties and bonus appears to be almost constant. At most a one level increase that mostly is due to the monsters.